-->

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Daily wake up call

I lost more than I gained this year.
There are more strangers around me.

Work

There was a few interesting people I met today. There was a designer, a University professor and a British.

I conducted a survey with all three of them. At the end of each survey, their response was different. Very different.

The Designer

Black long sleeved shirt, black pants and black shoes. Do they usually go for a simple look? I asked for his occupation and age, which was the last question. He told me, "Well Singapore have really nice and good officers, and even a nice questionnaire lady!" Well, he meant me. Then he said, "Are you a model?"

Wow. I remember that my mind was just blank. White. Blank.

I was in my black military blazer and black jeans and yellow crocs flats (haha). Me? A MODEL?

"No..."

"Oh, cause you're pretty tall!"

"Thanks... Well um, thanks for your time and have a nice flight!"

"Thank you too!"

It was pretty awkward. He ran off with his luggage after that.

The University Professor (with his family)

Dressed in a grey tuxedo and black spectacles and accompanied by his wife and son. We ended the survey after 5 minutes and he had a big smile on his face.

"Do you need my e-mail?" He offered.

"Well, if you want to give it..." I stammered (the usual me).

He took the survey form and wrote down his details. I thought that was the end, until he GAVE ME HIS NAME CARD? His wife and son was smiling at me when I took it. "It's a pretty thick name card," I thought.

After they left, I took a closer look into the name card. It was actually folded. It listed all his positions in different associations and universities and churches. My impression, "WOW." But, when I read the names of the universities, I was like, "Where is this place?"

My geography probably suck ass.

The Brit

A 30-plus-year-old-man with a dark-skin tone, left me speechless.

"Thank you for your time!" Those words are literally my daily ending-this-conversation lines.

I was about to turn back and make some notes on his feedbacks. Then he said this, "You may need to improve your English."

"Pardon?"

"Your English." Then he made this thumbs down.

"Um. Okay." I looked calm outside. But inside my mind, I'm stabbing his head with 100 knifes and his eyes are popped out. I'm pretty sadistic. So he ruined my mood for around 1 hour, until my friend texted me with her daily jokes.

I'm like, speechless. My English? Did he meant my slang? I do have a kwerky kwerky weird slang. It's a mixture of the Aussies & Dutch & Portugese slang. I don't know. When he said that I felt like my ego just dropped a 100 floors down to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment