-->

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

DIY: Ombre Shorts (with friends!)

Hello there ma lovelies. I went to Joanna's house, together with Zoe to dye shorts!

DIY time!

Materials you'll need:
  1. A pair of bleached/white shorts
  2. Fabric dye (I prefer to get red, blue and yellow because I can mix them!)
  3. Ketchup bottles (as many as the colours you're gonna use)
  4. Newspapers
  5. Tissue
Here's my pair of bleached shorts.

BEFORE:


AFTER BLEACHING FOR MORE THAN 20 HOURS:


AFTER DYEING IN PINK PURPLE AND BLUE:



Zoe's half-finished shorts:


How did I dye my shorts?

  1. Get all the ketchup bottles.
  2. Fill them up with water.
  3. Add a good amount of dye, depending on how dark you want your colour to be.
  4. Start dye-ing your shorts from the top to the bottom! And always from the darkest to the lightest!
That's about it. I cannot really explain much by words, I gotta show it to you. But sadly I haz no good camcorder.

There's something funny that happened. After Zoe was hanging her shorts to dry, she sat down beside me to see what I'm doing to my shorts. Her shorts dropped off the hanger from the seventh floor. Me and Joanna laughed like some crazy women. Obviously the wind was really strong and one of the clothes clippers broke.

While we leave our shorts to dry, Joanna and I were planning to go to SAFRA at Toa Pa Yoh and then go Mustafa. She has to give back her lifeguard uniform and meet a customer there.


On the bus to SAFRA.

SAFRA 

So I walked in with Joanna, me being a first timer here I have no idea how does it look like inside and all. As it was raining, the pool is 'closed' and all the lifeguards are to stay inside their lifeguard room. Joanna's friend came out. I think he's shocked to see me coming into the pool when it's raining. I can't go into the Life Guard Office, so I stood outside like a awkward child.

Bored, so I took pictures.





MacDonalds

Had my very very late lunch there. While gobbling down my fries, I SAW AFIQAH OMFG HAHAHAHA HIHIHIHIHI. Yeah that was really my reaction. Any ways, we asked each other about results and all, Afiqah improved a lot yeah. Happy for her!

Serangoon Plaza (Part of Mustafa)

Actually I was planning to go alone, but Joanna wants to come along because of one of Qiuqiu's episode. We saw so many food and handbags and men clothes and kid clothes BUT NO TEENAGE GIRL CLOTHES. So we went out of Serangoon Plaza and walked to Mustafa.

Mustafa Centre

There was nothing as well. Most of the things they carry are spices or medicine or drugs. They saw Joanna's plastic bag and immediately they use something to secure it. They had a very tight security. I guess they are very afraid of people stealing. Most of the people hanging around there are Hindus, not many Chinese at all. We were like the only two Chinese girls walking around.

We walked to the jeans section and saw Lees and Levis! Immediately we stopped to check if the price was cheaper. Nope, the same price. Disappointed. Finally Joanna suggested we should watch Qiuqiu's video. Sad that we didn't do research before coming because it was a last minute decision to come together.

We hid behind some jeans and watched the video. Finally, we found out we went to the correct place! It was at Serangoon Plaza! But... we were somehow still in doubt whether it was true... because we didn't see any nice teenager clothes. Anyways, we went back.

FOOOD!










Chocolate coins reminds me of childhood.


Ok it was mostly chocolates.

We went home without any loots. What a sad day. But it's okay cause in the morning we spent so much time together laughing and all. We even made awesome ombre shorts~

No comments:

Post a Comment